What is the difference between a “translator” and an “interpreter”?
2021.10.17 00:12 jam_rok What is the difference between a “translator” and an “interpreter”?
I was reading Max Brook’s World War Z and one of the characters mentioned that he was a interpreter and someone else was a translator. What is the difference?
submitted by jam_rok to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 Uriel077 everytime when I lose fifty fifty
2021.10.17 00:12 Calibrumm only 20? I think I have a few more than that after a few hundred hours lol. see inside.
"QoL and bugs: I’m purposefully excluding obvious issues like network instability, teleporting mobs (also network related most likely), account issues, etc because they’re beyond the scope of player feedback. AGS is fully aware of those types of issues and will do whatever they do to fix it. if you have a problem, submit a report and move on. crying on reddit/forums/twittediscord wont fix it sooner.
- a weekly or bi-weekly community update vlog talking about the state of the game, upcoming patches, roadmap previews, events and initiatives, and responses to common community questions. information on this game is currently very fragmented and inconsistent.
- auto sheathe weapons in towns for visual immersion.
- 10% movement speed buff while weapons stowed but cannot use abilities until weapon is fully drawn (for PvP balance).
- when opening our inventory, other plays see our player model turn around. this is dumb plz stop.
- show total profits after fees when selling stacks of items on market.
- normalize collision on terrain to reduce jittery movement on jagged surfaces. use inverse kinematics to have feet visually still land on model meshes to avoid clipping/hovering and increase fidelity.
- add a back-end item tagging system so when bots are detected and banned, any items they’ve generated and put into the economy can be found and removed from the market and their mules.
- put additional slots to the left of our gear that displays the cosmetic item we have equipped over it.
- reduce area chat range to 40m.
- please god just remove global. we already have recruiting and faction channels. global offers literally nothing to the game and breeds petty arguments and controversial conversations that are not related to the game at all. also better chat moderation would be nice, there is non-stop company and trade ads in every channel and people casually talking in the help channel.
- hide chat bubbles for channels we have muted
- compass filter. when you have max life skills it gets super cluttered and I don’t need to track anything unless i’m specifically looking for it.
- remove level up notifications from chat unless its a friend.
- perk and ability descriptions need a QC pass. there are inconsistencies, grammar errors, spelling errors, and some show actual numbers while others only show “large amount” or “small amount”.
- a hanging bridge across the horseshoe port in Restless Shore would be extremely convenient. especially for Syndicate players who have to go all the way around to hit the town board and faction rep.
- dodges should pass through non-boss PvE enemies. getting body blocked from the wonky collision is a pain and often unavoidable in some areas.
- dynamic spawns are exploitable (Lodestone Lair is an obvious example), and are also a pain to players trying to loot after a quest boss kill or checking their drops. some areas also have unreasonably fast respawns despite being a solo questing area. some players like to read the lore tabs found in areas and its a pain when everything is constantly attacking you and spawning. quest bosses shouldn’t take 10 minutes to respawn but they shouldn’t be there every 5 seconds either. a 2-3 minute spawn rate on quest bosses and an hourly spawn rate on unique non-quest related world bosses(if there are any yet) would be, imo, a sensible approach.
- there needs to be a way for more players to participate in territory wars. companies that grind to declare war deserve to choose who they bring to a fight but there should be some type of supporting system that can help more players take part. perhaps limit the companies curated player list to 40 and have the remaining 10 be matchmade. do not allow people from the same company to matchmake if they weren’t chosen by their company leaders for that war (this is an exploit that is already happening and letting companies choose who takes part in invasions by kicking people they don’t want). if your company never lets you take part then that’s an issue between you and your company, its impossible to make a flawless system in a territory sandbox like this.
- invasion picks should be increased from 10 to 35 and the remaining 15 be matchmade, it should be for the controlling faction only, and company mates should not be able to matchmake if they weren’t picked by their company for the invasion. we also need a system to prevent kicking players to fill the roster with 50 of your friends.
- speaking of territory, there needs to be underdog incentives. its still early and zergs own a lot of servers, but its a common issue in games like this. factions with less control need some kind of boost to maintain server balance and keep things dynamic. you cant switch sides to the most powerful faction but that’s not nearly enough to protect against lopsided servers. also do not let any of those boosts be combat related. bonus damage and the like would instantly throw a wrench in PvP balance. we want a fair chance for all factions, not free wins.
- please make the handles on life staff, great-axe, and war-hammer thinner. they look horrid. everything else is fine.
- also why are great-axe and war-hammer held left handed? its not really important but it stands out.
- inns are fine as is, but spawning next to a random bed instead of at the desk would be a lot more immersive.
- using a workstation should hide all other players to reduce visual clutter. its weird when there are 10 people using a station and there’s this abomination with 20 arms hammering the same workstation.
- when using your inventory your player model should also stay on top of any other world models so it can always be seen even in crowds.
- auto bans from player reports should not be a thing. AGS has stated all bans are manual but I have a real hard time believing that. if they are manual then there’s no issue obviously, but if they aren’t, it needs to be addressed. mass reports should result in a mute at most until manually reviewed. there’s no perfect system really, but a better approach is always possible.
- why are our camps removed on logout? I don’t recall there being an issue in the alphas or betas about camps.
- its pretty common to find floating nodes and textures. having a dedicated feedback section for visual bugs that tracks the players coordinates would be a great way to address that.
- you can pretty easily set up controller support with things like steam but native controller support would be nice.
- console support with crossplay eventually™?? they’re plenty strong enough to run it now but I don’t know if there’s some other issue like in game chat and all that preventing a console version and crossplay. would be great though.
- we do not need swimming. HOWEVER, walking under the water just to drown gives off this “half assed” vibe to players. for those who don’t know, the reason we cant swim is for PvP balance. bodies of water act as barriers on the map so they can avoid just putting in invisible walls and the drowning prevents people from hiding in water from fights. I propose adding a swimming animation that consumes stamina at the same pace that we would have otherwise drowned. once stamina is consumed you die, just as you would in the current system. with this you avoid the janky feeling of the current system while maintaining the original mechanic.
- shop cosmetics for tier V camps would be cool.
- a clear indicator to know when someone in your faction is PvP flagged.
- shift click to move stacks of items into a trade window between players.
- please do something about the sun exploding in foggy areas.
- the auto travel mechanic, similar to WitcheBDO/Skyforge, where you place a marker and your character will path there on main roads. its not fast travel and you are vulnerable to mobs and players if you are PvP flagged. weapons are automatically stowed while auto running.
- make interact prompts be based on crosshair position instead of physical position. trying to interact with specific objects that are stacked closely together or under fresh water is a pain.
- when interacting with something, your player often tries to move to a position to access it which can result in jittery movement or your player climbing and falling repeatedly. as long as were within range to interact with something, there is no reason our character should have to further move again to physically interact. just make it proximity.
- menus and inventory screen don’t stop you from interacting with world objects. pressing confirm on something in your inventory can bring up the fast travel map if you’re on a shrine for example. and hitting hotkeys while typing your companies message of the day will pull you out into other menu’s.
- there are a few objects in the game that can be interacted with through walls, at least there was in the beta. if its still an issue, I propose implementing ray casting to prevent player interactions with objects they don’t have LoS with. though its safe to assume that’s what they do already so its probably an issue with some prefabs being transparent to those ray casts.
- don’t let people place camps on roads and pathways. its a huge eyesore.
- increase radius to show player nameplates when looking at them.
- give us the option to always show friends nameplates when we have line of sight, regardless of max player nameplate setting.
- indicator on compass icons to know if a quest marker is above or below us.
- property tax should always be every 7 days. every 5 days is just annoying.
- a fast travel shrine is severely needed in the south of Mourningdale.
- do not exclude things from patch notes. Azoth costs to travel were doubled, and while i’m fine with that change, i’m not fine with it not being mentioned in the patch notes. also gold was removed from fishing chests because of bots (fix the bots, don’t punish players), and it was not mentioned in the 1.0.2 patch notes.
- remove the pause after dodging. we can already swap cancel out of it so now its just annoying when we don’t want to constantly spam inputs to have the upper hand in 1v1 PvP. combat would flow much better without it.
- mousing over the pop-up to compare gear is a pain and often disappears as soon as you mouse over. just make it a button to bring it up and compare items.
- placing something for sale on the market in one town then traveling to another and removing it will put it in your inventory, effectively transferring it. this can be used to move large quantities of items for very cheap which is not intended and should be fixed.
- let us hide the upcoming war notifications after we view it once. just make it a little icon or something with a hover tool-tip.
- weapon swapping needs to be more consistent and streamlined. right now swapping after a shield bash takes forever but swapping after a leaping strike is almost instant. and if you try to swap but its not instant it’ll sometimes queue the action so if you’re spamming swap it’ll swap twice or you’ll use an ability from the weapon that you didn’t think you swapped to. the only workaround is only swapping after a dodge because its always instant.
- give us an option to share faction quests with our group if we’re in the same faction. have it consume one of their faction rep quests to prevent exploiting it for no cooldowns.
- climbing up staircases feels terrible and going down them still puts us into clunky falling animations. refer to the part about collision normalizing and inverse kinematics.
- when crafting, give us an option to check all and salvage. that way we can either salvage everything or check them all and uncheck one or two things to NOT be salvaged and salvage the rest.
- localize times so i don’t need to convert time zones constantly.
- the UI for selling materials is terrible. plz fix.
- adding perks to weapons when crafting doesn’t tell you what the perks do when hovered over.
- searching all towns in the market should be easier to access. for example, an “all towns” and “my town” tab, then a drop down underneath if you want to check specific towns.
Balance and Features:
- PLUNGE ATTACKS. PLEASE. I’M BEGGING YOU.
- remove T3+ crafting from camps. as much as Amazon and I enjoy tax evasion, this only acts as a deterrent to level the arcana and cooking stations in towns. instead, have camp tiers increase respawn radius starting from 300m at T1-3 to 500m at T5.
- increase hitbox size for muskets. landing headshots is brutally unforgiving on moving targets and while i’m not a crackshot, I know for a fact i’m not bad either.
- increase bear trap trigger range. you have to literally be on top of it to trigger it. sure that’s realistic but it just makes it useless in PvP.
- visual cue for the bear trap owner to know where its placed. make it glow or put the bear trap icon above it. (if I drop it in tall grass its impossible to play around it because I have no idea where its at). enemies should see the physical trap model but they shouldn’t get the glow/icon.
- PvE hitboxes for melee weapons can be extremely wonky at times. especially if there is even a slight elevation difference. it can often result in you literally not being able to hit some targets without forcing them to reposition even though your attacks are clearly going right through their center of mass. increasing melee attack collision bounds would be a much easier approach to this than changing every mobs hitboxes.
- musket users should be able to move at 85% speed when using abilities like Power Shot and Powder Burn. they’re not at all worth how vulnerable they make you, its basically a 2 second stun on yourself.
- I would say restore the original PvP scaling (with minor tweaks because there were a few issues) so that everyone can enjoy PvP while leveling and not just the people who were there for launch week, but that’s out the window I guess. ill add it here regardless because its a huge topic that is constantly posted about though. we want the system back. the only people who didn’t like it were refugees from other games who want everything to be the same as their old MMO and people with all the free time in the world to grind levels and cant otherwise win a fight without a huge damage advantage from levels. being a higher level in the old system still gave you numerous advantages in gear, perks, gems, and mastery passives. you also need your levels for the other 70% of the game that isn’t PvP so don’t bother with the stupid “then why would I level” argument, you’re just scared to get out skilled by a casual on their day off from work. not to mention so much of the games PvP mechanics were built around skill based PvP. the current system with level advantages rewards grinding low level players who had the audacity to try out PvP while you were in the area. how dare they.
- on the topic of PvP, something needs to be done about optional PvP. everything is worthless because this game was LITERALLY designed to be forced PvP. the economy, the missions, the layout, spawns, nodes, everything. now people who don’t flag can go safely farm thousands upon thousands of resources and crash the market. there is absolutely no reason T5 hide should be selling for 0.01g in a level 25 zone. we all know how badly the first iteration of forced PvP went, it was bad, it was nothing but griefing and zergs, but you should have taken steps to fixing those issues, not straight up removing it and leaving your game in this completely confused state. i’m not saying I don’t like the PvE focus added to the game, I love it, these are some of the best dungeons i’ve seen in any MMO and I don’t want to lose any development on more PvE content, but unless you find a way to reduce the complete saturation and abundance of materials, the economy is going to continue to be pointless and everyone will blow through leveling and life skills with zero effort. the staying power of the game rides on PvE players having something to do and PvP players having real incentives. we currently lack both. the content we have is amazing, and there is a lot to do at end game, but this is an MMO. MMO’s are games meant to be played consistently for years. a casual player can hit 60 in a month, watermark 600 in another month, and all their life skills can be max in a couple weeks. if they’re not being efficient and just enjoying their time then that’s only about 3 months of play. unless you have seasonal expansions planned, that’s not a lot of staying power for yearly expansions.
- some form of gear sink to avoid market saturation. once you have BiS you have zero reason to care about anything on the market. there needs to be a way to remove gear from the game. have the durability get lower each time its repaired until its permanently broken similar to Rust weapon repairs or bring back the lost on death mechanic or something. just don’t add a merchant NPC to sell stuff to otherwise you’ll never see leveling gear on the player market again.
- make repair kits mandatory to repair gear. repair parts should be a currency to craft kits, not a free repair resource. I don’t know anyone who isn’t maxed on repair parts 24/7.
- skinning levels way too fast and fishing levels way too slow comparatively. for the longevity of the game it would probably be a good idea to adjust xp values needed to level all life skills. as it sits, you can max all your life skills in a few days of casual play. diminishing returns on xp gained from crafting lower tier items or gathering lower tier resources would help with this along with the change to xp values needed to level life skills overall. right now everyone can have max life skills and any expansions that add new resources would be pointless for most players because they’re already maxed and just adding more levels looks bad. are we gonna go all the way into the 1000’s? MMO’s are a time investment. leveling should take a while. this is a game meant to be played regularly for a long time. getting skinning to 200 should be similar to getting a skill to 99 in Runescape.
- Energy Burst and Empowering Weakness on the musket are useless. plz buff.
- taverns should provide passive healing, 60 minutes of 10% improved healing upon leaving, and sit down games like cards and dice.
- Defiant Stance, Shield Rush, Shield Bash, Reverse Stab, and Leaping Strike all have ridiculously long cooldowns. other weapons have similar and better abilities that serve the same purposes with way shorter cooldowns. for example, Wrecking Ball on the War Hammer has a longer stun, its a true stun that remains after the target takes damage, it can be an AoE stun with a perk, it deals more weapon damage by default, AND it only has a 14 second cooldown compared to shield bash’s 24 second cooldown.
- challenge/skill based achievements. things like “headshot an Elk from 100m+ with a bow”, “kill 5 players in open world PvP without dying, removing your flag, or entering a safe zone”, or “Solo [world boss] without using any potions”. stuff like that. right now all achievements are incremental trackers, you’re not really “achieving” anything.
- as much as i’ve used it to my own benefit, the Azoth cost to refresh your house cooldown is wayyyyyy too low. considering its a service from a house that we pay gold for, it shouldn’t be too expensive. but 49 Azoth to reset a 4 hour cooldown doesn’t seem right. 150 seems more reasonable.
- being at exactly 23 weight makes you heavy. it should be medium."
submitted by Calibrumm
to newworldgame [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 KhrisDiamond KhrisDiamond
2021.10.17 00:12 1112858592936652 [LF] Purple windflower and pansy plants, green and pink mum plants [FT] bells, NMTs, blue roses, etc.
I'm having the worst time trying to breed flowers to get purple windflowers and pansies and green/pink mums. I had less trouble breeding for blue roses tbh. So, I'm asking for a trade of one plant each (I think I can clone them easily enough).
I can provide a combination of some NMTs, bells or blue roses. Or just ask what you'd like and I'll see if I have it.
PS I know this would require being "best friends" for a time being so I'd really appreciate the help.
submitted by 1112858592936652 to ACTrade [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 ObligationSquare8851 why wont trackslides go on the track
2021.10.17 00:12 warior56 Are prisons full of awful people?
Worse than my roommate who yells the f word and threatens people somtimes?
submitted by warior56 to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 Lego_myEggo_12 My top 101 favorite Pokémon
submitted by Lego_myEggo_12 to MandJTV [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 lallecal trekantsex
Hvis man, som os, er et par i 40'erne der godt kunne tænke sig, at finde en kvinde til mere eller mindre uforpligtende sex. Er der så nogen der ved hvor man finder sådan en?? Vi bor på Djursland, hvis det skulle hjælpe noget
submitted by lallecal to Denmark [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 quote_emperor cartolina-aforisma-jean-baudrillard-3
2021.10.17 00:12 srtuttle COMPLETED BABY STEP 7 IN 6 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS
We paid off our house today!! We paid the last 24,455 today. Original amount of 164,900. The first couple years we used most extra money to fix it up to our liking. Since 7/20 we’ve paid 119,988. It hasn’t been an easy ride but it’s totally worth the sacrifices made.
submitted by srtuttle to DaveRamsey [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 ThatJGDiff What happened to Kdrama?
I love that guy and he taught me a lot about Kai’Sa but he no longer streams on Twitch or uploads on Youtube. Anyone know if he’s taking a break or something?
submitted by ThatJGDiff to kaisamains [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 FunnyAnimalPerson [LFA] Clandon's new outfit!
2021.10.17 00:12 No_Social_Skill_059 Micah, kind of...
2021.10.17 00:12 bakingisfun1 New jeans, firgured I'd show them off! Over 18
2021.10.17 00:12 wikthors What was the hardest habit you had to deal with. And how did you get over it?
submitted by wikthors to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 uttwit32 I want to sell Amazon Japan gift card
submitted by uttwit32 to SellGiftCardsForCash [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 dismygyans How strict are the GCSE requirements for officer roles?
I have recently completed a degree in mechanical engineering and was considering joining the Navy as an officer until I noticed they had increased the GCSE requirement to now require a B in maths and English. My grades were a C in English and an A in maths. I meet every other requirement.
Will my application be tossed out just for this if I apply?
submitted by dismygyans to RoyalNavy [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 whipskirtayeyay [WTS] Whipskirt's Garage Sale Blowout Extravaganza Special Bonanza (AZ)
Buy my shit so I can buy your shit!
Dibs and then PM me.
Under 10 flair - PayPal FF ONLY
Over 10 flair - FF or GS (your choice)
Items shipped via USPS First Class (or ground for over 16oz)
Happy to ship via UPS/FedEx on your dime
- Mossberg 500 entire front end assembly
- Barrel (3", ribbed 18.5", someone did not cut the barrel straight)
- Magazine Tube
- Action slide (7 3/4")
- $75 (FF) / $78.22 (GS)
- *Shipping is not included in this price since it can vary wildly depending where you are, but I'll ship it the absolute cheapest method possible!
- BlackHawk Knoxx SpecOps stock and forend
- Fits 7 3/4" forends
- Adjustable stock
- Forend has been cut to fit a side saddle and a pic rail section added for attaching a light (see pics)
- $50 (FF) / $52.32 (GS) shipped
- KAK Flashcan
- $20(FF) / $21.23(GS) shipped
- Aero A2 birdcage
- $5(FF) / $5.69(GS) shipped
submitted by whipskirtayeyay to GunAccessoriesForSale [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 OldEagleBalls Dear fellow ISTP’s since we tend to be unbiased, truth speakers… I wanted to get every1’s opinion on the election. This is not meant to be a political pissing contest. Just tell me, do u think the election was rigged?
submitted by OldEagleBalls to istp [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 alido2boord Blind fasteners for 3/4" plywood?
I'm trying to mount a TV to plywood, but I can't access the other side, so I need nuts that'll expand and hug the other side of the plywood. Are there sleeves/nuts that I can buy which fits into a drilled hole and expands on the other side as the fastener is tightened? I know they exist for aircrafts but I can't find it anywhere.
submitted by alido2boord to HomeImprovement [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 Zmsfh Best step up boards? I’m leaning towards electric running boards.
submitted by Zmsfh to ToyotaTundra [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 thelionplush Spike will be doing another livestream on 10/20!
2021.10.17 00:12 Curlyletty [Sell][US to Us][Perfume] Nava, stereoplasm, Little Book Eater, and more!
Hello all destashing these scents, I will ship Wednesday, shipping is $4.50 lowered some prices and added a tons of new things, any questions please feel free to ask, thank you.
(Spirit and venom)
- Ectoplasm-Zesty lime, otherworldly fog, sweet gummy candies, & a single lily for the dearly departed. body mist sample $3
- Cotton Candy Cocoon: A tooth-achingly sweet blend of pink spun sugar cocoons coated with sweet goo. This is the perfect cotton candy, body oil sample $2
) 1.8 ml samples $4
- Binary sonata- vintage musk, forest berry accord, thyme, ether) - Arrangement of notes said to materialize rare or extinct fruit, herbs, berries and experiences (forbidden music node that disorients and causes general confusion
- La Tazza (a ceramic cappuccino cup): Flaky croissant, iced marocchino dusted with cocoa powder, antique porcelain and rich agarwood.
- Copper Kettle: Smoldering embers, wood smoke, newspaper kindling, Imperial black tea held by flannel mittens and lavender scones.
- Owl eyes: Ancient Joshua tree, labdanum, golden amber eyes, a toasted sliver of rye bread, intoxicating sticky resin and Arabian myrrh.
- Halloween Evening 2021 – Amber created with Oudh, Rock Rose, Labdanum, Sandalwood, Benzoin*, Vanilla extracts and Atlas Cedar Wood, Creamed Pumpkin Puree, Butter accord, Sweet Cream and Bastet’s Amber Absolute (Amber Resin imported from Alexandria and lit from the truest essential oil of Rare and Exotic Guiacwood and Crystal Benzoin and Crystal Frankincense.) *Benzoin has a similar scent profile of cinnamon-vanilla and when combined with an amber accord provides a anise/cinnamon scent molecule. $8 sample 2ml
- Bonfire- Cardamom essence and Bastet’s Ice Cream absolute with burning embers accord, toasted Vanilla Marshmallows, Studio Limited Crystalline Vanilla absolute and Bastet’s Musk. $23
(Little Book Eater
) $3 per sample
- TUCK EVERLASTING / Spring Water Moss Wild Mint Lime Spruce & Balsam
- WALT WHITMAN / Silver Birch Pine Citrus & Vetiver
- IRENE ADLER / Red Currant Musk Amber & Rosewood / Book Inspired / Sherlock Holmes Collection / Roll-On Perfume Oil
- Glow up-cent Notes: Sparkling candied citrus peel, vanilla from the expensive hippie shop, Egyptian Musk, cuticle cream $ 7 dollars dram
) $5 sample
- Memoirs of a trespasser-NOTES: Madagascar Vanilla Guaiacwood Myrrh Benzoin Resin Ambrette Seeds Oak Barrels
) Balsam fir and cedar dram $6
- Counting stars-notes: fir needle, balsam, lavender, campfire smoke, a warm blanket
- Bonfire cider- notes: crushed cider apples, sticky caramel, burning leaves, crisp fall air
submitted by Curlyletty
to IndieExchange [link] [comments]
2021.10.17 00:12 sonny_boombatz Where can I get this very specific pair of pants
Saw someone wearing basically baggy black cargo pants with a sheer panel around the knees and i need to know where I can get some bc they looked cool as fuck
submitted by sonny_boombatz to EnbyFashionAdvice [link] [comments]